Jovial Garden Goals and Expectations
The goal of Jovial Gardens is to help food insecure neighborhoods meet their own produce needs, educate communities about nutrition and sustainability, all while strengthening the community. Your garden will lower the amount you spend on produce, feed families in need, and provide school credits to local youth while teaching them valuable life skills. By hosting a Jovial Garden you will increase your access to fresh organic produce and also help provide food to families who need it most. Jovial Gardens will provide you free gardening and cooking classes, community potlucks and parties, garden care experts to set up your garden, seedlings, garden boxes, and garden maintenance (weeding, watering, and harvesting). In return for our services, you will receive one mixed box of produce each month during harvesting season and be expected to participate in making your neighborhood more sustainable.
1. I understand this is a 2 year commitment to learning about gardening, nutrition, and participating in neighborhood sustainability.
2. Jovial Gardens will build my garden and maintain it for 2 years.
3. After 2 years, Jovial Gardens will continue to offer support and resources (seedlings and consultation) for free, but will require $29 a month to maintain my garden.
4. I will water according to the schedule provided to me by Jovial Gardens.
5. I will do my best to keep my garden free of disturbances and notify Jovial Gardens immediately of any pest or destruction to my garden this includes: unhealthy looking plants, animals terrorizing the bed, destruction of any kind, etc.
6. I will not use any chemical sprays or additives on nearby lawn, trees, or other plant life in order to ensure the quality and safety of the organic produce being grown in my garden.
We are not your gardener! Jovial Gardens is an education program that aims to make neighborhoods more self sufficient. As your family feels more confident in the garden, we hope you will continue to produce your own food and share the gift of sustainability with your neighborhood.
It takes a village! It costs us $360 each year AND 52 volunteer hours to maintain each garden! We can't do it alone and we need your help to make this program a success.
Garden Hosts are entitled to (at least) one mixed box of produce each month and are of course welcome to snack out of their garden anytime. We have 3 types of gardens and will be combining the produce of other gardens in your neighborhood to ensure a solid mix of fruits and veggies in your monthly box.
Release of Liability and Waiver
By signing below, I hereby release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue and agree to hold harmless for any and all purposes Jovial Concepts, its officers, employees, successors, assigns, sponsors and volunteers from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, personal injury including death, or property damage that may be sustained by me while participating in the Jovial Gardens Program, including injuries sustained as a result of the negligence of Jovial Concepts.
I agree to allow Jovial Concepts to document the progress of my garden via photos, videos, and descriptive text.
By signing and submitting this application, i affirm that the facts set forth in it are true and complete. I have read and agree to the above statements. I understand that if i am accepted into the Jovial Garden program and have a garden built, any false statements, omissions, or other misrepresentations made by me on this application may result in my immediate termination of garden and services.